Northside Tuition consists of tuition for students and an advisory service for families.
Kylie has two decades of experience working in school settings, supporting parents of students with special needs, learning difficulties, giftedness, social-emotional challenges, sensory processing difficulties, anxiety, ADHD, OCD and behavioural issues.
Kylie recognises the challenges that parents of students with the aforementioned needs can experience in navigating the school system. Therefore, she offers parents a consultancy service which consists of:
- One-on-one, personalised advice on matters related to transitions, advocacy for children’s rights within the school setting, managing complex behaviours, and promoting academic engagement and progress.
- Development of social stories™ and/or visual aids to support social-emotional, sensory and/or behavioural issues in the home or school setting.
- Bibliotherapy – recommendations about children’s books are provided based on the child’s identified needs (e.g. anxiety, or recognising feelings) which can then be used by parents to support their child’s social-emotional needs.
This service is particularly beneficial for parents of children:
- suspected of having a disability or learning difficulty (wondering ‘how do I help my child?’)
- recently diagnosed with a disability or learning difficulty (wondering ‘where to from here?’)
Service Fees (Eftpos available):
- $150/hour per consultation – written report of recommendations after the consultation and a follow-up email or phone call for an additional $75
- $150 for up to 3 social stories and/or visual aids that you and your child can utilise again and again.